Friday, August 29, 2014

So it's been a while....

It's been quite a while. There have been a lot of changes since I've been away and life has been very busy! Here's a quick overview:

  • we moved into a house
  • Branden is very close to being totally done with his thesis and being a student
  • we have a niece!
  • we tried durian fruit...not too bad
  • we've started a young adults group (with other friends) at our church and multiple other branch off groups from that
  • we got a cat!
  • we had our 5 year wedding anniversary
  • we've been doing some fishing lately
  • we've had a few jam sessions in our house with Branden's musical friends
  • WE GOT A CAT!!!
Okay, I may have mentioned the last one already but it's a biggie! There are things I'm completely missing but I'm tired and can't remember the past few months all that well. There was a tough bit for a while when we first moved when I was going through a bit of depression and my anxiety was through the roof. That was our finally push to get the cat. She is like my therapy cat and she really has made a huge difference. 

I wrote something the other day while I was watching her sleep. You can read it HERE on my other blog. 

This is Rogue. She fell asleep while cleaning her belly.

8 comments:

  1. She's adorable, like you, though I don't think you fall asleep while cleaning your belly. It's so nice to see you.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you about!

    Rogue looks like an utterly divine ultimate form of life on the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cat isn't a trial run for something, is it? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a cat name Rogue?? Somehow or other we got a kitten who is so tiny we can't even tell if its a boy or a girl, so we haven't name it yet. Congrats on your new house! Congrats on your cat! Congrats on the whole thing! Glad you're back, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog, and I'm living vicariously through you, imagining life in Scotland and Ireland (my family is Scottish). Hope to see more soon!

    Cherdo
    www.cherdoontheflipside.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I'm sad or sick, my massive cat lays on the face. Because cats pile on top of each other for warmth and comfort. Even though it is not exactly comfortable to have a morbidly obese cat laying on your face, there is nothing quite so comforting as a cat who has decided to fix you in the only way he knows how.
    technicallyawriter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah so you're a cat person too. How's life? It feels like the last time we spoke was in the year dot.

    ReplyDelete

Does this straitjacket make my butt look big?