Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Happy Days

There is a lot going on and thankfully most if it is good! Two older kittens have been showing up on random evenings on our back garden wall. Since I am basically a Crazy Cat-less Lady and keep cat food in my room, I have put some out on the wall for them. They aren't as skittish as their parents so with time, I may get to pet them!!!



You have no idea the amount of restraint it takes for me to not search on Ebay for a blow gun that shoots sedatives so I can speed up the process...

Our youngest nephew turned 2 on the weekend and we got to see him on Skype and watch him open some gifts. We also made him a birthday video of us singing The Wheels on the Bus using toy animals we have which he apparently loved but cried when my sis said he couldn't keep watching it over and over again.

Yesterday there were window washers at the big University building across the street. We were eating brunch in the living room and had this odd view:


The long yellow poles were wiggling back and forth as they cleaned and I said to Branden that it looked a bit like anorexic giraffes attacking the building! The sad thing was that all of the hours that the window cleaners spent cleaning all those windows, were done in the rain.

Thursday is Arthur's Day (the day that celebrates Arthur Guinness) and normally I wouldn't be fussed about it...BUT, any of THESE bands could potentially be playing free gigs at 2 pubs in town!!! These bands are making surprise visits to specific pubs in Belfast, Dublin, and Cork and the locations will be filmed and televised throughout the night. My top 3 from that list would be Mumford and Sons, Mika, and Ellie Goulding. I've been to a Mika concert in Edinburgh and it was the most fun and entertaining concert I have ever been to! Branden and I are going out to meet up with some friends early in the evening on Thursday, for a totally different reason than Arthur's Day, but hopefully we can maybe catch one of these bands after. Although, I bet it will be packed and we possibly won't be able to get even near the pub with all the people who will be flocking.

Autumn is in full swing now, which I think means we have passed giant, nasty spiders season (and without any more incidents!), and I am actually looking forward to how Cork looks in the Autumn. I saw this photo that we took in the park by our house last Autumn.


Spring is my favorite season but Autumn in Ireland is stunning. I think I need to go buy some hot chocolate mix!

16 comments:

  1. Pretty!!! Autumn is my favorite season, but the ragweed allergies have been awful. I love Mika!
    Enjoy the weather and keep taking photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how people can't love Mika; his music is just so much fun! I try to take my camera with me everywhere but I always seem to see the most amazing things when I forget it :P

      Delete
  2. Glad that you're sounding a bit happier. As for the window washers, my first thought was some sort of grappling hook from urban pirates. Where is my mind today?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both! Although I'm still a woman so I am apt to randomly burst into some form of extreme emotion over the slightest thing...but wine helps ;) Urban Pirates sounds pretty awesome! I just met one of Branden's friends from Uni who's doing a Masters/PhD on medieval pirates which sounds like the coolest degree ever!

      Delete
  3. It looks gorgeous! My heartiest congratulations on having survived the dreaded spider season!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still praying every night when I go to sleep that I don't run into anymore but I am absolutely over the moon to think that it's basically over!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea there was a Arthur's Day. Maybe we should have a Joshua Tetley's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not much of a beer drinker which is why I was thinking of having a Tetley's Day where you go around to different tea houses and get free Victoria Sponge...wrong Tetleys! ;)

      Delete
  6. I find the fixation with Guinness a bit tedious. It went to ludicrous proportions with Obama and Philip last year.
    But there are some good spots for music. The Jazz festival is coming up too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like Guinness at all. My husband likes dark beers so he'll drink it every now and again. I am very much looking forward to the Jazz festival. Last year we found a secluded corner in The Woodford and listened to some great bands.

      Delete
  7. I like dark beers too, those pics are great, but autumn is not my favorite season, I'm a summer girl, I love the heat. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised you are a summer girl but dark beers? *bleck* I don't get how anyone can stand that taste. Although I never liked any beer until recently and my tastes have changed a lot over the last few years.

      Delete
  8. Good luck with the cats Maggie. I liked your autumn photo and am using it for my desktop screen - Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the kitties for the past few days but I'm hoping they'll show up again. I'm glad you liked the photo and are making good use of it. :)

      Delete
  9. I think your nephew should be allowed to watch the video as many times as he wants.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best thing about autumn is winter's right around the corner, and snow, ice, frost, and cold become primary words in the vocabulary again....

    ReplyDelete

Does this straitjacket make my butt look big?