Monday, September 12, 2011

Music Monday to Help You Get Your Groove On

It's been an oddly emotional morning so I'm going to make this short, sweet and full of a great song to pick me up today! I wasn't around Blogland much over the weekend and I'm not going to really be around today but I have a great reason not to be! My cousin, her wonderful husband, and her mother-in-law will be visiting us today!! This is hugely exciting because since living abroad, we have seen a couple of friends over here but never yet family. There is something just so overly exciting about having a family member see the world I live in now and the life I'm in now; it's just a fantastic feeling to share my experience in the place I live! They will be coming this afternoon and will be staying the night in Cork before leaving for Dublin in the morning so I'm going to be having a blast with them and won't be able to visit all of you today.


Branden has a two day 'conference' at his University so he's going to be busy these next two days but luckily has hour and a half lunches and is home in the evening. As he was looking through the lineup of his next couple of days, we had this little nugget of conversation come up:


Branden: Oh good! They will have a Thesaurus Linguae Hibernicae class at my Palaeography conference tomorrow!


Me (looking obviously clueless): If you don't have anything simple to say, then don't say anything at all!


Well, my cousins just messaged me that they should be here in about an hour so here's my song to get me ready and hope you have some fun getting your groove on!


11 comments:

  1. Have fun with the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thesaurus Linguae Hibernicae? That's just showing off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your visitors kiddo. We'll still be around when they're gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's awesome that you're getting visitors :) I totally can relate to how fun it is to show off "your" world to loved ones. It's just great to share and give them the tour of what your life looks like these days. have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um....the front of the building in that video looks like the front of the real Forks High School. it's bad that I know that, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoah whoah whoah! Did you say hour and a half lunches? I had a 20 minute lunch break today. And didn't really have the time to take that much. Woe is me. ;) We're in a recession. I'm glad I have a job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you enjoyed your visitors Maggie - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I have to say the highwater pants cracked me up! lol I hope you had a blast with your family. That is always fun. I remember when our family would come from America what a huge deal it was. :) Have a great day you wonderful girl you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm back...and doing my best to catch up. I hope you had a good time with your family!

    ReplyDelete

Does this straitjacket make my butt look big?