As a lot of you have read, Branden has been trying to get a job for the past 7 months. He has applied for job after job after job with not so much as a call back. Finally he caught his break yesterday! It has been a long time since I have cried for joy so I think I tried making up for lost time. Not only does he now have a job (he starts training today) but he gets to work in the fabulous English Market.
Think of it as a giant, indoor farmer's market. It is a huge tourist attraction (the Queen of England visited this summer) but it is also a wonderful place to do your shopping! For the most part, we find the prices to be cheaper than that of grocery stores so we love to do our shopping here. The store Branden will be working in sells fruits, vegetables, teas, and herbs. It is surrounded by a butcher shop, a cake shop, a bread baker, and a Mediterranean store that sells olives, cheeses, and sausages. He is very excited to start and we are just so overjoyed to be blessed with this job!
Another wonderful surprise was yet another blog award granted to me by the enviously funny Paige Kellerman! It has been really
In all seriousness, go check her because she is honestly one of my favorite reads on the web.
Here are the stipulations for receiving the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Thank the person who shared the award with you by linking back to them in your post. *Check
2. List seven things about yourself.
3. Pass this award on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know that you included them in your blog post.
Now, if any of you are still here and not over at Paige's, here are my 7 random things about me.
1. I am left handed and only have scars on the left side of my body. Even the chicken pox scar in my eyebrow is on my left side. I actually like my scars because they are all stories. So I have The Apple Pie Scar, The Tried Killing a Bee Scar, The Puncture Wound from Fishing Scar, The 7 Stitches from a Stump Scar, and the I Have No Idea What Happened To That Elbow Scar. Stories behind these may just need to be posted at a later date.
2. Besides my fear of spiders, I also am terrified of sharks (I used to even be scared of swimming in lakes when I was little...), I'm claustrophobic, I am a pansy about heights, goats freak me out, and blood makes me woozy. There really is no reason for me to be terrified of sharks except that my Grandma, who doesn't have a belly button anymore because it's been sewed up from a surgery, told us that she lost her belly button to a shark who bit it off.
3. My family only had Irish Setters growing up. My dad loves the breed so that's all he would get. Technically I've had 3 in my life but the first died when I was a baby, the second one we had to give away when I was little, but the 3rd one, Bonny, lived to be 14. We got her when I was 8 and she was quite the interesting dog. Irish Setters are gorgeous but they aren't known for their intelligence...
4. I've never been to the East Coast of America. The farthest East I have been is Wisconsin. Branden's never been to the East Coast either and people seem to find this odd since we now live "just across" the Atlantic from it.
5. I loath black olives, goat's cheese, ginger, fennel, malted milk balls (I believe it's really dehydrated stomach bile) and anything slimy like pudding or even jello. I can't even watch someone eat pudding without being grossed out of my mind. The worst thing I have ever 'eaten' is dog poop. I was only 3 years old and was the victim of a poopy snowball to the mouth...I still remember the taste and the never ending vomit that followed.
6. In American terms, I'm short. I'm only 5'2" and Branden is a whole foot taller than me. After moving to Scotland, I discovered that I'm average! Thank goodness Ireland seems to be the same and now Branden gets to be the tall freak.
7. I don't know if this classifies as a random fact or not but if any of you happen to come to my little part of the world, I would be more than happy to give you a tour and have you over for dinner.
Alrighty! Now you have more useless info about me so on to step 3...tomorrow ;)
I've got a bit to do today (this is my excuse for my severe engrossment in my book Jane Eyre) so tomorrow I will be passing on the love.